Good morning MSMS Band.
Here are the announcements for the week:
- The last day to turn in Fundraiser packets and money will be Wednesday, September 15. We have to get this turned into the company so they can process our order in a timely manner. Shipping times during the pandemic have increased so we want to get our order taken care of ASAP.
- 8th grade band members received their first chair test material on Friday last week. We will be posting recordings of each sections prepared piece for the kids to listen to as they practice at home for this assessment. The link to the recordings will be on this website as well on Google Classroom. The date of the chair tests will be determined this week. Each student will individually play their chair test material for either Mr. Seay, Mrs. Hood, or Mr. Waters. This is one of the few times that we get to individually assess and critique our students. We are encouraging them to work hard on this and to do their best. The better the individual,
- Our next pep band performance will be Tuesday, September 28. The schedule will be a little different that evening as there is only 1 game. We normally play for 2 games. We will work on that schedule this week and send it out at the start of next week.
- BAND NIGHT IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1!!! This event will include our 7th and 8th graders. They will sit and play together in the stands with the high school band that night. This event will also include our middle school color guard. The 7th and 8th graders will need to wear their gray MSMS Band T-Shirt that evening. Times and specific info will be given out next week. PLEASE mark your calendars for this!! It’s going to be SO much fun for the band kids!
- The homecoming parade for our 8th graders in Thursday, October 28.
- Our first concert for ALL middle school groups (6th, 7th, and 8th) will be our Veterans Day program at Muscle Shoals High School on Thursday, November 4. The 7th and 8th grade will need to have all of their concert attire by then. (please refer to previous posts concerning concert attire for 7th and 8th grade). 6th grade concert attire will be “nicely dressed”. No blue jeans, no tennis shoes, please. More on this as we get closer to the concert.
Seay you all tomorrow morning! Have a great Sunday!